12/8/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 12/8


Image Source
 
The desert and the parched land will exult; the arid plains will rejoice and bloom; they will bloom with flowers and rejoice with joyful song. 
-Isaiah 35:1   (From the lectionary for Advent)

Some days my soul's a desert, Lord:
parched, lifeless and thirsting
for waters of mercy, peace and joy...

But even deserts dare to hope a day
when graceful waters flood the plains
and barren lands bloom, a sweet oasis
of your presence...

Visit my heart's desert, Lord:
flood my soul with rivers of your grace:
shade me 'neath your outstretched arms and
bring to flower all that waits within me...

Even today, Lord, quench my thirst
with a sip of your grace,
and open my lips
with a song of joyful praise...

Amen.

Image source





 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!