4/23/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 4/23


 
An old habit, Lord, a weakness, a personal vice 
held me leashed to its whims and ways, 
keeping me from following you 
as faithfully as I might, 
as steadily as my heart desired...

I worked at this, I strained, I tried, 
I pledged and promised you I'd change
but one last tie tethered me to my old ways, 
my default position, my path of least resistance...

And then you nudged me, whispering in my soul,
"Just ask! Ask and I'll untie you, 
cut the cord that holds you back, 
undo the knots that hold you fast:
I'll set you free to follow me 
as faithfully, as steadily, as you and I desire."

And so I asked - and you, Lord, 
you have done just as you promised
so I pray you keep me free of my old ways,
free to follow you in love,
to follow where you lead me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

He Set Me Free by Albert Brumley
 
 
 
Once like a bird in prison I dwelt
No freedom from my sorrow I felt
But Jesus came and listened to me
And glory to God, he set me free
 
He set me free, he set me free 
He broke the bonds of prison for me
I'm glory bound my Jesus to see
For glory to God, he set me free
 _____________________________
Verse not included in the recording:
Goodbye to sin and things that confound
Naught of this world shall turn me around
Daily I'm praying, I'm working too
And glory to God, I'm going through            
 
Now I am climbing higher each day
Darkness of night has drifted away
My feet are planted on higher ground 
and glory to God, I'm homeward bound
 
He set me free, He set me free 
He broke the bonds of prison for me
I'm glory bound my Jesus to see
For glory to God, he set me free
He set me free, yes, he set me free
And, he broke the bonds of prison for me
I'm glory bound my Jesus to see
For glory to God, he set me free
Glory to God, he set me free
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!