7/29/21

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/29

 
(I posted this a few years back
but I keep meeting these people in my life!)

I’ve been noticing, Lord, how many good people,
how many really good people,
are so much a part of my life…

generous people
who selflessly give - and give and give and give...
those who are kind
without pretense or guile or self-interest...

folks who forgive,
whose pardon is so healing…

the ones who are holy
- and don’t even know it…

folks who are gentle,
never rough or harsh or coarse...

those who are strong,
whose friendship lifts me up…

the ones who are true and pure
in thought, word and deed… 
people of conviction
whose zeal never flags or fades…

friends who are faithful
especially through my rough patches…
folks who are happy,
 filled with genuine joy to share,,.

the honest ones, Lord,
whose plain and simple truth is a gift…

folks of tender compassion
whose patience is unending…
the people who generously offer help
- and before anyone asks…

people of prayer and faith in you
whose presence is peace for my soul...

Good people, Lord,
so many good people
- all in my life…

People, Lord, more generous and kind,
more forgiving and holy,
more deeply convicted, faithful and joyful,
more honest, compassionate, loyal and helpful,
more thoughtful and prayerful,
gentler, stronger and purer by far
- than I…

Make me grateful for such good people, Lord
   and teach me their ways,
the ways of people
    whose goodness is yours...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!