8/3/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/3

 
Lord, I know I'm made in your image and likeness
but I also know how many are the ways in which:
    you are God - and I am not!
 
You're infinite:
    and though my soul's eternal
    I'm a finite human being...
 
You're omnipotent,
    while I'm quite weak 
    and any strength I have is gift from you...
 
You're all-loving:
    while I of stingy heart
    am selfish in the ways I care for others...
 
You don't need, you never ask for
and you never go on vacation, Lord
    - while I take off all the time I can! 
 
You've never taken a  day off:
    you spend your Sabbath rest listening
    to our praise and our petitions...
 
You've never taken a day off 
    from watching over me 
and over every finite human being 
    who ever was, who lives tonight
    and who one day will be born...
 
You're always open for business, Lord, 24/7/365:
    you never take a nap,
        you neither sleep nor slumber;
    you keep vigil all night long
        and every day at dawn 
    you're there to greet me when I awake...
                                                                                                                         
You created all vacation spots
but visit none as tourist
for you live in every place and there you wait:
    you wait for me, until I come, 
    you wait to greet me, to welcome me,
        to make me feel at home...

The closest you come to vacation, Lord,
is truly a busman's holiday: 
    taking time off with us,
        we, your sons and daughters;
    serving as our guide and host, 
        showing us the way;
    bringing us back home again
        to work, to prayer, to you...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
If the video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
You Carry Me by Patti Felker
 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!