9/22/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 9/22



Even when I walk through a dark valley,
I fear no harm for you are at my side,
your crook and your staff give me courage...
- Psalm 23

Even when I walk through a dark valley...
 
Is that right, Lord?  
Even in the dark?
Even when I can't see where I am? 
    or where I'm going?
When I can't find my way 
    and I can't find you?
Even when I'm not sure
    how I ended up here in the first place?
Even when I walk through a valley of fear?
When I stumble through clouds of confusion? 
When the path leads me deep 
    into lonely woods?
 When I walk through a valley
    so shadowed and deep 
        I lose sight of my trust and my hope?
Even when I'm alone and afraid,
   even when I'm lost and confused,
      even when I fear you've left my side?
 
Even then, Lord?
 
Yes, even then you promise to be with me -
   though I don't see your face or hear your voice
   though I don't feel your hand holding mine, 
   though I seek but seem to miss you...
 
Even then, Lord, you're at my side:
    a flicker of hope in my soul,
    a glimmer of grace in my heart,
    a spark of your Spirit's fire,
    a torch on my shadowed path,
    light at the end of my tunnel 
    my light in the tunnel leading to peace...
 
To trust in the light 
    when all is dark
        for such deep faith I pray, Lord...
 
To trust you're with me
    when I can't find you,
        for this great gift I pray, Lord...
 
To trust that strength beyond my own,
   will help me make my way,
      for this sweet grace I pray, Lord... 
 
Your light has come into the world, Lord,
   a light no darkness can snuff out...
 
Your light has come into my heart, Lord,
    a light that glows despite my tears...
 
Your light has come into my soul, Lord,
    a light your Spirit tends with care...
 
Your light has come into my life, Lord, 
    the light of everlasting peace...
 
From my dark valley, hear my prayer, Lord:
    my prayer for light and warmth,
    my plea for strength and courage,
    my cry for your protection from all harm...

You're with me, Lord, my shepherd,
    your crook and staff to guard and guide me:
calm my fears, wipe my tears away, light my path 
    and draw me ever closer to your side...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

 Amen.

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

 Psalm 23 by The Stellar Singers



The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!