9/21/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/21

Going out to dinner tonight, Lord,
spending the evening with some old friends...
 
What a gift, Lord, is the love of friends
    who've been my friends for oh, so long,
    who've stayed with me through thick and thin,
    who've overlooked my many faults,
    who've suffered through my whims and moods,
    who've forgiven my forgetting,
    who've shared my joys and sorrows,
    who've always had my back
    who've never let me down,
    who are there each time I call on them,
    who are faithful without fail...

And as if all that weren't more than enough,
    then there's you, Lord,
    my oldest friend of all,
    you were my friend before I came to be!
 
You're the friend whose love I least deserve,
the friend whom I most often fail,
the friend who never leaves my side,
the friend whose love will never end,
the friend who knows me inside out
    - and loves me still in spite of that!
 
You're my friend, Lord,
my best friend,
you're my best friend forever...
 
You're my shepherd and my savior,
my rock and my redeemer,
my brother and companion,
my hope and consolation,
my mercy and my peace
my way, my truth, my life:
you're my friend, Lord:
you're my best friend forever...

I treasure the love of my friends, Lord,
and my friendship with you most of all:  
let me never take for granted
such a gift, your blessing, pure grace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Two very different possibilities for music tonight:    
    the first, contemporary, incisive, with a beat;
    the second, traditional, comforting and mellow.
You might give them both a hearing!
 
 If the widget and video don't appear below, click here!

Jesus, Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns
 

What A Friend We Have In Jesus by Graham/Angerman

   

What a friend we have in Jesus all our sins and griefs to bear 
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer 
O what peace we often forfeit O what needless pain we bear 
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer 

Have we trials and temptations Is there trouble anywhere 
We should never be discouraged take it to the Lord in prayer 
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share 
Jesus knows our every weakness take it to the Lord in prayer 

Are we weak and heavy laden cumbered with a load of care 
Precious Savior, still our refuge take it to the Lord in prayer 
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee Take it to the Lord in prayer 
In his arms he'll take and shield thee thou wilt find a solace there

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!