9/20/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/20

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
O Lord, how I wish there were 
a fast-forward button 
on my life, on my hopes, my prayers!
  
See, I know, Lord, that you know:
    what's coming down the road,
    how my future will unfold,
    what changes lie ahead and how
    you'll answer all my prayers...
 
So if you know, Lord
    - and we know you're never wrong -
then why the wait? what's the delay?
what keeps you from speeding things up
or giving me come clues, even a vague hint...
 
And I wouldn't be unhappy with an email or a text 
    - you have my number!

OK!
Got all that out of my system, Lord
    - and that helps!

And yes, I know...
    you have your reasons and your ways,
    you have your wisdom and your plans,
    you have your own way of doing things
and my life unfolds on your schedule, not on mine:
    all in your good time, Lord,  
    all things in your good time...

So, rather than pray for a sneak preview
I'll pray tonight for patience, Lord, 
the patience I need 
    to walk with you
        at your pace,
    to wait with you
        with trust and hope
    to watch for how you lead me
        in your wisdom, with your grace...
 
Patience, Lord, I pray for patience:
    help me hope and trust in you,
    in your love and in your plan         
    and in all the ways your grace unfolds,
     - all in your good time...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

If a video does not appear below, click here!

In His Time by Diane Ball



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!