9/2/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 9/2

 
All the lonely people
- where do they all come from?
 
How, why, in this uber-connected world
are so many people so lonely?

All the lonely people, Lord
- where do they all come from?
And where will they go?
Who will befriend them, 
stay by their side and walk with them 
their long and lonesome path?

I know we're called to walk together, Lord,
to keep one another company:
brothers and sisters, making our way
lending a hand, sharing the road,
keeping each other's back...
 
But I pray tonight, Lord, 
for those who wonder where you are
on their long and lonesome path;
those who fail to find you by their side;
those who feel not just alone but forgotten, 
abandoned even by the One
on whom they count the most...

I know you're there, Lord, 
for all of us and for each of us,
in good times and in bad,
in joy and in sorrow, 
and especially when we need you the most
but can't find you,
when we cry out to you
but wonder if you hear our prayer,
when we're lost
and we cannot find our way back home to you...
 
All the lonely people, Lord:
I pray tonight they'll find you by their side,
feel your hand upon their shoulder,
know the warmth of your embrace, 
find hope in trusting you are with them,
listening to their every word and prayer
and holding them in arms that won't let go...

All the lonely people...
remind them, Lord, I pray,
that they are not alone...
 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Used with Permission: Father's Embrace by Ruth Councell

If a music widget does not appear below, click here!

You Are Not Alone by Liam Lawton
 

 
You are not alone
though you're on your own 
I will hold you deep in my heart 
Do not be afraid
I have heard your prayer  
so do not worry 
do not be afraid 
you're not alone 
you're not alone
 
Though worry surrounds you
in darkness of night
Remember then my promise 
to journey by your side 
When fear is found
and despair abounds 
I will hear your cries 
I will hear your cries
 
I'll be there 
When loved ones are missing,
the voices you know, 
I will walk beside you
protecting as you go
My love will be a love to seal
all my promises, all my promises
to the end 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!