9/29/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 9/29

 
Lord, suppose you had a FaceBook page:
    think of how many friends you would have!
 
Would your profile photo include all three
    of the persons in your Holy Trinity?
 
What would you list under Life Events,
    you who are, who were and always will be?
    
What kind of messages might you post?
Would you only quote scripture - or say something new?

And the photos, O Lord!
    Flowers and seashores created by you,
    glorious sunsets, signed by the Artist,
    babies renewing your promise of life,
    puppies and kittens galore- oh, my!
 
But we don't need FaceBook for us to be friends,
    your profile image is etched on my soul;
your dying and rising, the one life event
    that feeds my faith and gives me hope...

Your message of love in your truth revealed
    is as old as the hills and as fresh as the dawn;
I see your art in the whole of creation,
    your glory unfolds wherever I look...
 
Iandevery thing about you,
youandall you made me to be:
we're friends forever by the grace of your Cross
where you posted your merciful love for me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
(And, Lord, don't let me stay up 'til all hours on FaceBook!)

Amen.
 
Tonight's music offers a different perspective
    on the face of Christ! 
 
If a video doesn't show below, click here!
 
Face of Christ by Chris Rice 
 

He shares a room outside outside with a dozen other guys
And the only roof he know is that sometimes starry sky
A tattered sleeping bag on a concrete slab is his bed
And its too cold to talk tonight
So I just sit with him instead and think

How did I find myself in a better place
I can't look down on the frown on the other guy's face
Cause when I stoop down low, look him square in the eye
I get a funny feeling, I just might be dealing
With the face of Christ

After sixteen years in a cold, gray prison yard
Somehow his heart is soft, but keeping simple faith is hard
He lays his Bible open on the table next to me
And as I hear his humble prayer
I feel his longing to be free someday

Chorus

See you had no choice which day you would be born
Or the color of your skin, or what planet you'd be on
Would your mind be strong, would your eyes be blue or brown
Whether daddy would be rich, or if momma stuck around at all

So if you find yourself in a better place
You can't look down on the frown on the other guy's face
You gotta stoop down low, look him square in the eye
And get a funny feeling, 'cause you might be dealing
How did I find myself in a better place
I can't look down on the frown on the other guy's face
Cause when I stoop down low, look him square in the eye
I get a funny feeling, I just might be dealing
With the face of Christ

With the face of Christ, yeah
With the face of Christ... 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!