9/23/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/24


 

What beauty in our world, Lord!
It's true: on a clear day you can see forever -
or, almost...

But I'm often lost in the woods,
counting needles on the pines,
too busy to look up and see
tree tops, pierced by sunlight...

Just a tilt of my head
would lift my eyes
to the beauty you set before me...

Help me see as you see, Lord:
give me the long view, to look beyond 
the troubles of my day to search
for peace that lies ahead...

Chuck me under my chin
and draw my gaze to yours
until I find in you the grace I need
to rise up with purpose, new direction
and with hope...

Give me courage to make my way
through the forest of my fears,
out of the woods to meadows
where your peaceful presence beckons,
where, on a clear day,
you can see forever...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!