9/23/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 9/23

 
Thanks for the nudge today, Lord, 
    when I was wondering why you take your time 
        in answering my prayers... 
 
Well, I think it was you who nudged me:
    I know I'm grateful for the peaceful place
      where someone's poking led me...
led me to a place to wait,
    a place to wait with you, Lord;
    a place to take a few deep breaths;
    a place to settle down and be, just be,
      just be with you, with you alone;
    a place for me to learn again
      that you're the answer to my prayers,
        to every prayer I make...

You take your time in answering me
    to make the time I need:
      to linger in your presence;
      to listen for your word;
      to shoot the breeze, one on one,
        on topics great and small;
      to get to know you better,
        to open up to you;
    to pray and find your peace, Lord,
      in the place where your grace nudged me,
        to wait for you in prayer...
 
My waiting time with you, Lord,
    is growing time for me:
      time to be, just be with you,
        to be with you, with you alone;
    time to grow in faith and love,
      in all the ways you nudge and pull me
        closer to your side...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

If a video does not appear below, click here!
 
Give Me Jesus by Fernando Ortega
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!