9/25/21

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9/25


 
I'm groggy when I first wake up, Lord,
but not so foggy that I miss you, 
wide awake and waiting for me, 
there at the foot of my bed,
    waiting for me to rise and shine...
    waiting for me to call upon your name...
    waiting for me to ask your blessing on my day...
    waiting for me to tip my heart and thoughts 
        to you in prayer...
    waiting for me to open my soul
        to your Spirit's gentle breeze...
    waiting for me to ask your help 
        with this day's trials and troubles...
    waiting for me to walk with you,
        and follow where you lead...
    waiting for me to pray you heal
        my brokenness and bruises...
    waiting for me to lean on you
        in sorrow and in grief...
    waiting for me to seek your light
        to lead me through the shadows... 
    waiting for me to seek your mercy,
        pardon for my sins...
    waiting for me to praise you
        for this day's joys and blessings...
    waiting for me to ask your help
        with this day's work and worry
     waiting for me to ask your strength
        when I am weak and helpless...
    waiting for me to discover
        this day's mystery and surprises...
    waiting for me to find you, Lord
        in all the times and places
            where you wait for me in love...
 
Help me wait for you in faith, Lord,
    help me wait for you with hope,
    help me wait for you in love...
 
Help me find peace, Lord, in my waiting
    for you who wait for me... 

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!