10/18/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/18

 
A friend recently asked me
    "What do you want out of life?"
 
That's a really big question, Lord,
    and I have so many answers:
    I want to be happy and I want to be healthy.
    I want to love and I want to be loved.
    I want to believe and grow in faith in you. 
    I want to become the person you made me to be.
    I want to do what you call me to do.
    I want to make a difference, make a contribution,
        make good choices and make amends 
            for poor decisions.
    I want to grow and learn and mature.
    I want to understand.
    I want to be an instrument of your peace. 
    I want to love what's good, do what's just,
        treasure what's pure and pursue what's holy.
    I want to share, generously, of what I have,
        especially with those who have nothing. 
    I want to hope and trust in you - always.
    I want to be faithful to you, to your word,
         to those in my care and to the promises I make.
    I want to reach out and help with a joyful heart.
    I want to know your truth - and live by it.
    I want to enjoy your beauty:
        in nature, in art, in music, in words,
            in my neighbor and in myself.
    I want your grace and your blessing,
        your mercy and compassion
            and your Spirit's gentle, healing touch.
 
I want so much out of life, Lord,
but of all my many longings
may these be my greatest desires:
    to be like you,
    to live my life as you lived yours,
    to show that I care, to do my full share
    to kneel each night in prayer
    and be faithful to your love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace... 

Amen.

 If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

It's My Desire   


It’s my desire to be like the Lord,
it’s my desire to be like him.

It’s my desire to show that I care,
to be a friend, doing my full share
‘til the end, though it is so rare,
through rain and wind, to kneel in prayer.

It’s my desire to be a soldier,
yes it is, for his great cause,
to live my life as he did his.
it’s my desire to be like him.

It’s my desire to be like the Lord,
it’s my desire to be like him.

-->

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!