10/19/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/19

Image source
 
Some days, Lord, 
I wonder where you are,
I just can't seem to find you...
 
Sometimes, I wonder:
have you forgotten or abandoned me?
were you ever even there for me? 
 
But you are here, Lord,
I know that, I believe that...
 
Though these questions cross my mind
and lodge within my heart,
even then, Lord, you are there,
I know you're there,
I trust you're there...

When I'm too busy to make time for you ,
you're there, Lord...

Though I forget or ignore you
for days and weeks on end -
you're there, Lord...

Whether I'm faithful to your word
or do what the hell I want,
you're still there, Lord...

In good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health,
you're there, Lord...

When I'm at peace with all around me
or consumed by pride and envy,
you're there, Lord...

When I see you in my neighbor
or miss you altogther,
you're there, Lord...

Should I walk the path you chart for me
or strike out on my own,
you're found at every twist and turn,
here and there and everywhere...

You're there, Lord, always there for me:
before me and behind me,
above me and below me, 
beside me and within me,
you never leave my side...
 
You're there, Lord, always there,
you're with me without fail:
every moment, every hour
every day throughout my life... 
 
Attune me to your presence,
your abiding, faithful presence:
let me not forget you're here with me
and will be evermore... 
 
Though I invite you or reject you,
trust in you or doubt you,
embrace or run away from you,  
see  you or ignore you,
follow you or leave you:
you're always there for me, Lord,
ever, always there
for me...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!