10/25/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/25

 
Lord, is it you who delay 
    in answering my prayer
or is it I who fail 
    to catch your reply?
 
Do you hold back in silence,
    measuring my faith and hope?
    trying my endurance and patience?
    testing my trust and hope?
    
Or is something in me
    too busy to check for your message?
    deafened by worry and anger?
    afraid of what you answer might be?
'
There are times, I'm sure,  
when it's not yet time for you to say:
    yes or no,
    this way or that,
    here's the answer,
    problem solved!
 
And many times I'm sure you answer:
    just be patient...
    keep discerning...
    I've got your back!
    All shall be well!
 
Lord, help me always trust
    you know my pain,
    you hear my prayer,
    you're by my side,
    I'm in your heart...
 
Reassure me when I panic that:
    you're my rock,
      my strength, my help;
    in your good time
      you'll answer me...
 
Even when I think you're gone,
    you're at my side, you guide my steps,
    you light the path and show the way
    for me to walk each day with you...

Keep me open to your grace,
    to your faithful, loving care;
attune my heart to listen
    and to hear you when you answer
when the time comes and you answer
    every prayer I make to you...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I keep the watch you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.  

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
Everything by Lauren Daigle
 



Even the sparrow has a place to lay its head
So why would I let worries steal my breath?
Even the roses, You have glowed in brilliant red
Still I'm the one You love more than this 
 
You give me everything
You give me everything I need
 
Even the oceans push and pull at Your command
So You can still my heart with Your hand
You tell the seasons when it's time for them to turn
So I will trust You even when it hurts
 
You give me everything
You give me everything
You give me everything I need 
 
When I can't see, You lead me 
When I can't hear, You show me
When I can't stand, You carry me
When I'm lost, You will find me
When I'm weak, You are mighty
You are everything I need 

You give me everything
You give me everything
You give me everything I need
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!