10/26/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 10/26


 

Let's begin this evening with a poem by William Stafford...

The Way It Is
 
There's a thread you follow. It goes among
things that change. But it doesn't change.
People wonder about what you are pursuing.
You have to explain about the thread.
But it is hard for others to see.
While you hold it you can't get lost.
Tragedies happen; people get hurt
or die; and you suffer and get old.
Nothing you do can stop time's unfolding.
You don't ever let go of the thread.

                              §      §      §

Be the thread, Lord, that runs through my whole life,
the thread of grace that sews my soul to yours...

Thread your grace through my relationships,
through all my joys and sorrows,
through all my nights and days...
 
Be the the thread that holds secure and strong
in spite of changes pulling me apart, 
seeking to unravel
all that holds me close to you...

Be the thread I can't explain,
and don't really understand
yet the thread for which I'm grateful
for all the ways it keeps me one with you, 
holds my life together 
and stitches up the wounds 
that rend my heart...
 
Be the thread I always cling to,
the thread I don't let go of:
the thread of faith, my thread of hope,
your thread of love 
that is my life forever...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
These days, I'm grateful for the strength of God's thread in my own life but I know so many folks who are hurting and hungering for peace and serenity they so much desire and need and...  I've chosen a song, then, that I pray might strengthen those who, these days, are "hanging on by a thread..."

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


I'm tired of trying to keep it all together 
Tired of lies disguising who I really am 
 
There's pain that’s hiding underneath the surface 
I’m tired of trying to keep it on the inside 
 
But here before Your love I’m not afraid 
 
I’m gonna let You pull the threads ‘til my heart unravels
Open me up with every breath 
‘til the darkness scatters and runs away 
I’m ready to fall apart 
Fall into Your loving arms 
I’m gonna let You pull the threads ‘til my heart unravels into Yours 
 
You’re reaching out Your hand 
To pull me close again 
You see me as I am still You want me 
 
Here before Your love I'm not afraid
You stitch me back together with Your grace 
Here before Your love I'm not afraid
You stitch me back together with Your grace
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!