10/5/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 10/5



Tonight I pray for a gift, Lord,
the gift of perspective,
perspective on my time:
past, present and future...

Help me remember the times in the past
when you've been my helper,
my guide, my rock, my refuge,
my only hope on hopeless days...

Help me look back on all my yesterdays,
all the times you rescued me,
times when I thought that surely 
I'd come to the end of my rope...

Help me remember the days when I wished
that tomorrow would never come
- and all the days I woke to find
the impassable had been passed...

Help me see how tomorrow, Lord,
is far beyond my reach:
    as far away at 11:59 p.m.
    as it is at 12:01 a.m.

Help me see how the best way to face tomorrow
is to live today as well as I can,
the best I can,
all with the help of your grace...
 
Keep me from awfulizing
the days, the months, the years ahead
and, rather, remember: sufficient for today 
is its own pack of troubles..."
 
Help me "keep it in today," Lord,
not in yesterday or tomorrow:
make me mindful of the moment,
the day at hand you've made and offered me...

On each day, Lord, be with me
to forgive and heal and touch me
with the blessings you've prepared
to offer me day by day...

Tonight I pray for a gift, Lord,
the gift of perspective,
perspective on my time:
past, present and future... 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace,
day by day by day  by day,
just a day at a time...

Amen.

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
Tonight's song is no lullaby 
- but it's message hits the mark!

 One Day At A Time by Josh Wilson


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!