10/6/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 10/6


Lord,
no one knows better than you
all my faults and my flaws,
my weak spots, my sins...

And no one knows better than you
how often I fail,
in just the same ways, 
day after day after day...
 
No one knows better than you
how often I promise to turn things around 
and make a new start
- but I don't... 

And no one knows better than you
how foolish I am to think or to hope
I can change on my own
- when I can't... 

No one knows better than you
my need for your help
to find a new path
and faithfully walk by your side…
 
And no one knows better than you, Lord,
how often you offer (and I brush aside)
the grace I need
for a real change of heart...
 

 
For no one knows better than you, Lord:
just who I am, how I fail,
and all that I need 
to live and grow in your love...
 
So open me up, I pray this night,
with the gift of your pardon and peace
and give me a change of heart, O Lord,
so my heart is one with yours...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

I found TWO SONGS for this Night Prayer and couldn't decide which one to post - so you have a choice!  Each one pairs well with tonight's prayer so you might want to listen to both of them!

If widgets for two songs don't appear below, click here!

Nobody  Knows Me Like You Do by Benny Hester
 
 
(FYI: there's a longer-than-usual instrumental intro!)

In the beginning I never knew
Just how much I really needed You
More than a friend, someone I could talk to
You've changed me in so many ways.
 
Nobody knows me like You
You put Your arms around me
You bring me through
And there's many times I don't know what to do
Though some know me well
Still nobody knows me like You


All of my secrets to You I tell
You saw each time that I slipped and fell
And all of my faults yes, You know them well
But You've never turned me away, no, no, no


Walkin' in your presence is where I wanna be
You said in Your Word, You said that You would lead me
Yes I love You, oh, I really love You
I'II go anywhere
As long as I know you'll be there
 
All of those nights that I was afraid
I stood on the promises You have made
The way that I act sometimes l am ashamed
But You've never turned me away, no, no, no
 

Nobody Knows Me Better by Vicki Yohe


You held me there in your hand
When I was nothing but clay
You breathed your life into me
You whispered my name
So who but you
Could truly understand
What I'm made of
You know who I am
 
Nobody knows me better
It's like nobody's ever known me before
Nobody knows me better than you
Nobody loves me, nobody loves me more
 
Sometimes I question my heart
Why do I do what I do?
And then I wonder how one
Like me could be loved by you
Now there's no reason for me to pretend
You see it all,
Still you can call me friend.
 
Refrain
 
I want to know you just like you know me
For to know you is to love you
That's my destiny
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!