10/20/21

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 10/21




Act justly...
 
If this is what you ask of me today, Lord
(and I know it is)
then keep me honest, fair and true
in what I say, in what I do,
with you and with others and myself,
at home, at work, at school,
in my mind and in my heart...
 
Keep me honest, fair and just
especially when I'm tempted 
to so much less than that...
 
Love tenderly...
 
If this is what you ask of me today, Lord
(and I know it is)
then keep my heart and hopes, 
my mind and motives - pure...
 
Help me be gentle with others and with myself:
let my thoughts, words and deed
be tender, strong and firm...  
 
Tenderize me, Lord, 
especially when I'm feeling obstinate and grumpy...

Walk humbly...
 
If this is what you ask of me today, Lord
(and I know it is)
then keep me mindful of your presence
beside, around, within me...
 
Shadow me with your presence
and direct me with a gentle hand;
let my steps follow yours
and lead me where I need to go...
 
Give me a humble gait, Lord,
especially when I'm about to tread on
or walk around my neighbor:
help me walk humbly with others
as I'd want them to walk with me...

To act justly,
love tenderly
and to walk humbly...
 
If you ask all this of me, Lord
(and I that know you do)
grant me the grace to be faithful 
to what you desire, what you require,
what you ask of me,
today...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!