4/23/22

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 4/24

Still Doubting by John Granville Gregory

 

Thomas was a doubter, Lord:
    he needed to see
    your suffering's wounds
    before he'd believe
    your risen glory...

I'm a doubter, too, Lord:
    I often avoid
    the marks of your pain,
    wanting only the balm
    of your healing touch...

But the way of the Cross
is the path to your peace:
there's no other way to get there...

My own wounds, Lord
mark precisely the place
where you come to meet me:
    mending my soul,
    healing my doubts, 
    inviting me into your peace...
 
Like Thomas, Lord, I doubt
and  so I pray for the gift of faith...
 
And like Thomas, I believe:
Lord, help my unbelief...
 
Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!