5/15/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 5/15


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on the promise in the second scripture of a "new heaven, a new earth, a new Jerusalem: a time when God will make all things new..."

I'll be pleased with a new heaven, Lord,
and a new earth 
and a new holy city where all will come to praise you
- but what I really need are few things
    a little closer to home... 
 
What I pray for tonight, Lord, is a new heart,
and, actually, a healed, mended, refurbished heart
    would be absolutely fine,
one that beats in sync with yours,
one that finds again a song to sing -
such a heart's the new heart my soul longs for...
 
And since you said you'd make all things new,
I'll pray, too, for 
    new hope and trust in you and in your love;
    a new beginning right where it seems
        the road has ended;
    new strength to get me where I need to go;
    new confidence to face today, tomorrow 
        and the rest of my life;
    and a new spirit to lift my heart
        to joy, to peace and faith in you...

Make all things, new,
    and please, begin in my heart, tonight...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
All Things New by Unspoken
  
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!