5/16/22

Monday Morning Offering: 5/14

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I’ve been wondering, Lord:
what do you do with it all?
With all the stuff I offer you
on Monday mornings?

And not just my stuff,
lots of folks make morning offerings
and not just Mondays
but every day of the week!
- and sometimes seven days a week...

What do you do it all?
What do you do with everything I offer you?

As steam from my coffee cup
let my prayer rise up:
a fragrant morning offering,
    fresh-ground from my being,
    steeped in my sorrow,
    and sweetened with my joy…

I know you hear my prayers, Lord,
- every single one
And you cherish my “asking” prayers
just as much as  my prayers of praise:
I believe you’re pleased just to hear from me -
no matter what I plead or pray...

And when I fail to find the words to say,
you listen to the silence rising from my heart,
my daily morning offering, cupped in hands,
lifted up to you...

What do you do, Lord, 
with all I offer you?

You lift it up, store it up,
you hold it in your heart
where every uttered prayer is kept
and treasured in your love...
 
Every prayer I make,
every softly whispered plea,
echoes in your heart, Lord
through all eternity...
 
And so I come again, Lord,
as I do each Monday morning:
as the steam from my coffee cup
let my prayer rise up:
a fragrant morning offering,
    fresh-ground from my being,
    steeped in my sorrow,
    and sweetened with my joy…

   
Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!