5/18/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/18


I want to pray this evening, Lord, 
for all the folks 
who love and care for me,
who count me as a friend,
who hold me in their prayer,
who kindly keep me in their thoughts
though long it's been since last we met...

And I want to pray this evening, Lord, 
for all the folks I carry 
in my heart and prayer and thoughts,
dear friends I love and care for
though long it may have been 
since last we met and talked...

And it could be I remember folks
who long ago forgot my name, 
and likely I'm still dear to some
I don't remember meeting...
 
But that does not diminish, Lord,
the place I hold for them 
nor the spot they keep for me
for it's love seals the bond
and grace gives us memory
of all the ways your Spirit seeks
to make us one in you...

So, thank you, Lord, for every tie
of friendship, love and prayer
that draws us all together, tethered
by your blessing, gift and grace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
I've chosen this song for several reasons: first, it's message; second, that it can be prayed in terms of all the friends we have - and - the friend we have in Jesus; and third, because the video of these 276 singers is a visual of that great chorus of friends (old and new, near and far, remembered and forgotten) who surround us with their love...

You've Got A Friend by Carole King
   - performed by London City Voices
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
When you're down and troubled
And you need some love and care 
And nothing, nothing is going right 
Close your eyes and think of me 
And soon I will be there 
To brighten up even your darkest night 
 
You just call out my name 
And you know wherever I am 
I'll come running to see you again 
Winter, spring, summer or fall 
All you have to do is call 
And I'll be there 
You've got a friend 
 
If the sky above you 
Grows dark and full of clouds 
And that old north wind begins to blow 
Keep your head together 
And call my name out loud 
Soon you'll hear me knocking at your door 
 
Now, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend 
When people can be so cold? 
They'll hurt you, yes, and desert you 
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!