5/19/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/19


I remember waking up early,
long before my alarm clock sounded,
on Saturday May 19, 1973...
 
The sun was rising in a pure, blue sky,
warming a crisp, spring morning
promising a perfect day 
- for beginning the rest of my life...
 
Forty-nine years ago this morning, Lord,
I lay face down on the cathedral's floor,
as family and friends chanted and prayed 
for all God's saints to intercede 
for me and for my classmates,
to pray that we be filled
with the spirit of the Gospel,
the grace to preach its message
and faith to feed your people
from the table of your love...
 
Forty-nine years ago this morning, Lord,
I believed I had a fairly good idea
of where you were leading me,
what you would ask of me
and how my life would go...
 
You, of course, knew how naive that was
but you've been gentle and patient, 
kind and forgiving, and strong and wise,
directing my steps along on your path,
helping me do what you set before me
and shaping my life with amazing grace,
with peace far deeper than any I'd dreamed...

For these forty-nine years I thank you, Lord,
for the blessing and gift these decades have been
and for all the people who've crossed my path,
entrusted to me from your generous hand
to love, to shepherd and guide...
 
Be with me again, this May 19th
as I rise at the call of your name, Lord:
may this be another perfect day
- for beginning the rest of my life...
 
Amen. 

Only This I Want by Dan Schutte
    performed by Chris Brunelle
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

  

Only this I want, but to know the Lord
and to bear his Cross so wear the crown he wore.

~ All but this is loss, worthless refuse to me,
for to gain the Lord is to gain all I need.

~ I will run the race, I will fight the good fight,
so to win the prize of the kingdom of my God.

~ Let your heart be glad, always glad in the Lord,
so to shine like stars in the darkness of the night.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many beautiful blessings, and healthy years more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed are many because of that beautiful morning. Thank you for being a good & faithful servant these 49 years. Praying for continued blessings on you & your ministry. 🙏🏻🕊✝️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May The Good Shepherd , Our Lord Jesus continue to lead you on a path to grow you more and more. Many Blessings for good health and enjoy the day peacefully. 🦋💐🦋

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings on your anniversary and your continued ministry. And thank you for blessing so many each day with your prayers .

    ReplyDelete
  6. 49 years! Number 1: you don't look old enough to have been a priest that long. Number 2: you are blessed and your thousands of followers are blessed. Number 3: Your mind is sharp and so many of us appreciate your morning and evening prayers. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!