5/23/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 5/23


Tonight, a meditation 
    on some beautiful wisteria I encountered in West Concord...

    Photo by CP

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These beautiful flowers exist 
for the simplest, most noble of reasons:
    to reveal the glory of God's own face,
    to share with bees in the circle of life,
    to spend themselves in giving joy,
    to dance on the breath of a passing breeze,
    to be all they were created to be
        - nothing more, nothing less, nothing else...
 
And me, Lord? I'm also made 
for the simplest, most noble of reasons;
    to reveal your beauty in my words and deeds,
    to reverence creation: your work, my home,
    to spend myself for others' joy,
    to move where your Spirit leads and guides,
    to be all I was made to be
        - nothing more, nothing less, nothing else...
 
May I be as faithful to my calling, Lord,
    as wisteria is to hers;
by your grace, help me be 
    who you made me to be
        - nothing more, nothing less, nothing else...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 

In The Bulb There Is A Flower by Natalie Sleeth
 
If two videos don't appear below, click here!
 

                                           Video by CP

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!