6/28/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/28

For months now, Lord,
I've carefully watered my African violet
- from the bottom up and not top down -
as friends with greener thumbs have taught me...
 
The leaves flourished lush and green,
but no sweet blooms appeared 
to grace and crown my patient plant 
in glory well deserved...
 
Until last week, Lord,
when I'd nearly given up my hope 
for flowers delicate and elegant, 
simple and exquisite...
 
                                         Photo by CP
 
Until last week when you coaxed forth
the beauty I'd been waiting for, 
the color I had hoped for,
the gift that you'd been waiting to bestow...

I pray now, Lord, for one more gift,
the gift of waiting patiently
to see what you'll bring forth
to crown my days with grace
and all creation with your glory...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Patience, People by John Foley
   
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
Patience, people, till the Lord is come

You have seen the purpose of the Lord.
You know of His compassion and His mercy

Patience, people, for the Lord is coming
 
Patience, people, till the Lord is come

Steady your hearts, for the Lord is close at hand
And do not grumble, one against the other
 
Patience, people, for the Lord is coming
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!