6/27/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/28

 
Thanks, Lord, for your patience with me,
even when I'm impatient with you:
    when I want (and demand!)
        that you do what I want, 
    that you follow my plan
    that you work on my schedule
    - instead of yours...
 
Thanks, Lord, for your attentiveness to my prayer,
especially when, for long periods of time,
    I pay you little attention
    - except when I want to ask you for a favor... 
 
Thanks, Lord,
for giving me so many second chances
    after I've blown so many before
    and don't really deserve yet another opportunity
    and the grace of a new beginning...

Thanks, Lord,
for loving me, especially when I fail to love 
    my neighbor,
    my colleagues at work
    and even members of my own family;
thanks for loving me, Lord,
    when I fail to love myself
    and, most of all,
    when I fail to love and trust in you...

And thanks, Lord,
for bearing with me on that one thing
that bothers me so much:
    - be patient with me as I try to let go;
    - hear and answer my prayer in my struggle;
    - be faithful in helping me work through this;
    - and give me, again and again,
         the grace to be free of that one thing
        that troubles me so much...

And thanks, Lord, for loving me:
with the love that's yours alone to give:
    the love from which I came to be,
    the love that keeps me going, day to day,
    the love for which I am most truly grateful...

Love me, Lord,      
    with love enough to spare,
    with love enough to share with everyone 
    I know and meet today...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!