8/7/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 8/7

On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on a verse from today's second scripture:
 
    Brothers and sisters: 
        faith is the assurance of things hoped for, 
           the conviction of things not seen... Hebrews 11:1

Well, I do pretty well with the hoping part, Lord:
    the anticipation, expectation and yearning,
    the dreaming,  longing and desire...
 
But it's the faith part, Lord, I find so hard:
    faith that assures me you're right by my side,
    faith to trust in what I don't yet know
        and in what I can't yet see...
 
So tonight I pray for faith, Lord:
    faith in your presence when I cannot find you
    faith in your word when it's barely a whisper
    faith in tomorrow when today's so frightening
    faith in your goodness when I fear the worst
    faith in your wisdom when I'm all confused
    faith in your strength when mine is all spent
    faith in your providence when life seems so random
    faith in your love when I'm feeling forgotten
    faith in your healing when I feel so broken
    faith in your promise when my soul longs for peace
    faith in the hope that you'll answer my prayer
    faith in my trust that you'll give me the grace
        to accept whatever your answer may be...
 
Yes, I need a lot of faith, Lord:
    I need the faith that's already mine,
        that opens my heart in prayer tonight;
    and I need more faith - to hope, to trust
        that already this night I'm held in your arms,
            in your strength, in your love, in your peace...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


It seems like there's so much to hope for
So many dreams I wish they all could come true
But when I think about your ways Lord
It gives me so much faith in all that you do

Image by Evelyn Williams

Faith to see beyond what I can see
Faith to know that you will do great things
I will trust you Lord, I'll always believe
As I hold onto my faith, Jesus you are holding onto me


Jesus you said we could move a mountain
With only the faith of a tiny mustard seed
Peter took those steps out on the water
Because he had the faith in you to believe

Father's Embrace by Ruth Councell

Faith to see beyond what I can see
Faith to know that you will do great things
I will trust you Lord, I'll always believe
As I hold onto my faith, Jesus you are holding onto me
As I hold onto my faith, Jesus you are holding onto me 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!