8/16/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/16


I know so many people who are restless these days: restless in mind and heart, restless in their prayer, restless for the Lord to bring them peace with a gentle word, a healing touch, a helping hand...

My heart is restless, Lord,
    until it rests in you...
 
My heart is anxious, Lord,
    until it rests in your deep peace...

My heart is grieving, Lord,
    until it rests, again, in you, my joy...
 
My heart is worried, Lord,
    until it rests and trusts in you...
 
My heart is tired, Lord,
    until it rests, refreshed, in you, my strength... 
 
My heart is doubtful, Lord,
    until it rests in truth and wisdom...
 
My heart is wounded, Lord,
    until it rests, healed, in your strong arms...

My heart is waiting, Lord,
    until it rests in the One for whom I wait...
 
My heart is restless, Lord,
    until it finds its rest, its peace in you...
 
Protect me in my restlessness,
keep vigil while I sleep,
that awake, I keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Tonight's music is an instrumental setting of Psalm 131.  I hope this calming music might bring some relief to whatever restlessness may be yours...
 
My Whole Being Is At Rest In You by Keith Kalemba
    
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!