9/30/22

NIGHT PRAYER: FRIDAY 9/30



My heart is restless, Lord, 
    until it rests in you...  
        - Saint Augustine
 
My heart is anxious, Lord,
    'til it rests in your deep peace...
 
My heart is wounded, Lord,
     'til it rests within your healing arms...
 
My heart is grieving, Lord,
    'til it rests, again, in you, my joy...
 
My heart is worried, Lord,
     'til it rests and trusts in you...
 
My heart's impatient, Lord,
    'til it rests within your Spirit's calm...

My heart is tired, Lord,
    'til it rests, refreshed, in you, my strength 
 
My heart is doubtful, Lord,
    'til it rests within your wisdom's truth...
 
My heart is waiting, Lord,
      'til it rests in you who wait for me...
 
My heart is restless, Lord,
    until it rests in you...
 
Protect me in my restlessness,
keep vigil while I sleep,
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and rest and sleep in your deep peace...
 
Amen.
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

 
You dwell in songs that we are singing, 
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart. 
Our praises filling up the spaces  
In between our frailty and everything You are  
You are the keeper of my heart  
 
And I'm restless, I'm restless
Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You  
I am restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You  
Oh God, I wanna rest in You  
 
Oh, speak now for my soul is listening  
Say that You have saved me, 
whisper in the dark, the dark.  
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation  
Without you I am hopeless, tell me who You are,
You are the keeper of my heart  
You are the keeper of my heart  
 
And I'm restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You  
I am restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You, 
Oh I wanna rest in You  
 
Still my heart, hold me close  
Let me hear, a still small voice 
Let it grow, let it rise Into a shout, into a cry  
Still my heart, hold me close 
And let me hear, a still small voice 
And let it grow, let it rise  
Into a shout, into a cry  
 
And I am restless, I'm restless 
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You 
And I am restless, so restless '
Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You, Oh God  
Let me rest in You.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!