9/29/22

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/30


I've been thinking, Lord,
of how you carry me,
of all the ways you carry me:
    from day to day,
    season to season,
    year to year
    - actually, from hour to hour...

And how do you carry me, Lord?
Let me count the ways!

You carry, you sustain me with your grace:
    sweet nectar of your Spirit, anointing
    my mind, my heart my soul
    with your counsel, peace and wisdom...

How do you carry me, Lord?

You bear me up, you lift me
on the love and faithful help
of my family and friends,
brothers, sisters, one and all...

How do you carry me, Lord?

With mercy past my dreams:
    you pardon and forgive me,
    you mend and heal my heart,
    you repair and you restore
        what I have torn asunder... 
 
How do you sustain me, Lord?

Dwelling in my heart in depths
I've neither found nor dared to plumb,
    you clarify my thoughts,
    you motivate my words and deeds,
    you fill my empty places,
    give me cause to trust and hope,
    you carry and sustain me,
    and lift me up on wings of prayer
        from day to day, 
        season to season,
        year to year 
        - actually, from hour to hour...
 
How do you carry me, Lord?
In these and many other ways:
    some I know already
    and some I'll see today
and in some ways I'll never know
    until at last you lift me up
    and finally bring me home...

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!