10/17/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/17

I heard this beautiful song,
Saturday morning, at the cathedral,
and it's been in my heart ever since, Lord...

The lyrics are basic, simple, bald and bold:
    Lord, I want to be a Christian in my heart
    Lord, I want to be more loving in my heart,
    Lord I want to be more holy in my heart,
    Lord, I want to be like Jesus, in my heart...
 
I want to be a Christian in my heart, Lord,
    and in my words and deeds, 
    my thoughts and dreams,
    when I'm at home, at work,
        at school, at play,
I want to be a Christian in my heart...

I want to be more loving in my heart, Lord,
    to my friends and those who irk me,
    when I'm up and when I'm down,
    for my neighbor's sake, not mine,
I want to be more loving in my heart...

I want to be more holy in my heart, Lord,
    rooted deep in grace and wisdom,
    weeding out what has no place there,
    bearing fruit as sweet as prayer,
I want to be more holy in my heart...
 
I want to be like you, Lord, in my heart:
    patient, merciful and kind,
    understanding, strong and selfless,
    compassionate and faithful,
I want to be like you, Lord, in my heart...

I want to be the person
    you created me to be;
I want to be an open door
    for those who've been estranged;
I want to be a friend to those
    who struggle all alone;
I want to be the one who gives
    and doesn't count the cost;
I want to be a guiding light
    for anyone in darkness
I want to be a source of truth
    for those who seek you out;
I want to be safe refuge
    for the one who lives in fear;
I want to be a servant
    for those whose needs are great;
I want to be a Christian
    in the way I live my life;
I want to be more loving
    in what I say and do;
I want to be more holy, real,
    and faithful to my God,
I want to be like you, Lord,
    and in you find all my peace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Lord, I Want To Be A Christian
    - Traditional African-American Spiritual 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
    Lord, I want to be a Christian in my heart,
    Lord, I want to be more loving in my heart,
    Lord I want to be more holy in my heart,
    Lord, I want to be like Jesus, in my heart...
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!