10/18/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/18


Last night's rain inspired this morning's prayer...

I love to go to bed, Lord,
when a late night rain is falling,
tapping softly on my window
and lulling me to sleep...
 
There's comfort and assurance
in droplets of your mercy
falling gently from the heavens,
healing hearts and cleansing souls
in showers of your grace... 

I was in my bed last night, Lord,
when you tapped upon my window
a pitter-patter lullaby, 
whispered in the rainfall
and echoed in my dreams,
a promise of your reign of grace
and peace that has no end...

 Amen.

Rain Down by Jaime Cortez
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



Rain down Rain down
Rain down your love on your people
Rain down Rain down
Rain down your love, God of life


Faithful and true is the Word of our God
All of God's works are so worthy of trust
God's mercy falls on the just and the right
Full of God's love is the earth

We who revere and find hope in our God
Live in the kindness and joy of God's wing
God will protect us from darkness and death
God will not leave us to starve

God of creation, we long for Your truth
You are the water of life that we thirst
Grant that Your love and peace touch our hearts
All of our hope lies in You.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!