10/2/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 10/2

On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight our prayer begins with some verses from today's first reading, from the Book of Habakkuk:   
                    Write down the vision clearly
                        so that one can read it readily.  
                    For the vision still has its time, 
                        presses on to fulfillment, 
                            and will not disappoint; 
                    if it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, 
                        it will not be late.
 
These are words I need to read, Lord,
    words I need to hear,
    words I need to remember,
    words I need to treasure,
    words I ask you to write down,
        to inscribe on my heart...
 
I need these words, Lord,
    when my faith wavers, my hope fades
and I fear the time has passed
    for you to do what you have promised:
        to rescue me and give me peace...

I live by the clock, Lord,
I watch as minutes turn to hours
    and hours turn to days and months
while you, with patience, 
    measure time and progress
        in drops of love
in the never-ending vigil
    of your healing, peaceful presence...
 
I want answers now, Lord, and relief
    - an end to my heart's throbbing ache -
while you stand gently by,
    attending to my every fear,
reaching out to share and bear
   what weighs upon my soul...
 
In your good time, Lord,
    not before and never late,
in your good time the vision presses on
    and will not disappoint...
 
So I shall wait with hope renewed
    for what will surely come
and treasure every drop of love
    that falls upon my heart...
 
These are words I need to read,
    to hold, to keep and treasure
lest I forget your promise, Lord,
    to lead and bring me to your peace...
  
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
A hymn for those who wait 
    for the vision's time to come...
 
A Time Will Come for Singing by Dan Schutte

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
A time will come for singing
When all your tears are shed
When sorrows chains are broken
And broken hearts will mend
The deaf will hear your singing
When silent tongues are freed
The lame will join your dancing
When blind eyes learn to see

A time will come for singing
When trees will raise their boughs
When men lay down their armor
And hammer their swords into plows
When beggars live as princes
And orphans find their homes
When prison cells are emptied
And hatred has grown old

A time will come for singing
A hymn by hearts foretold
That kings have sought for ages
And treasured more than gold
Its lyrics turn to silver
When sung in harmony
The Lord of Love
Will teach us to sing its melody

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!