11/3/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 11/3

So often, Lord,
I let worry and fear build walls
that keep me from your grace,
your desire to help me
   to do the next right thing,
   to speak a word of truth
   and to follow where you lead me...

Too often, Lord, I isolate and keep myself 
from the help and gifts you offer 
when I'm trapped and lost in  worry, 
when I doubt myself in fear,
when I don't do what I know I need to do...

All too often, Lord, I find a reason, 
a way to excuse myself from my responsibility 
to seize the opportunity 
    to do the next right thing,
    to speak a word of truth
    and to follow where you lead me...

Way too often, Lord, I'm too content
    when worry weakens my resolve, 
    when old fears scuttle my best plans, 
    when doubt disarms my judgment and will...
 
So often... too often...
    all too often... way too often...
 
So I pray, Lord: 
    please break through!
 
Break through my fear 
    with grace, strength and perseverance;
break through my worry 
    with confidence, trust and hope;
break through my doubts 
    with counsel, faith and wisdom
and help me, Lord, 
    to do the next right thing, 
    to speak a word of truth 
    and to follow where you lead me...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!