1/31/23

NIGHT PRAYER: TUESDAY 1/31


As January shivers into February,
open my eyes, Lord,
and open my mind and heart
    to your power in a winter storm,
    your presence in the stillness,
    your beauty in the darkness all around me...

In this shortest month of the year 
help me find the peace you offer:
    when it's cold,
       wrap me in your mercy's warmth;
    in the snow,
       cover me with saving grace;
    in nature's sleeping silence,
       help me find more time for prayer,
       time with you in winter's quiet,
       in the mystery of your love...

As January skates into February, Lord:
    open all I am,
        to all you have to give 
    and ready me for springtime
        and the promise that it holds... 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace... 
 
Amen.
 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!