2/3/23

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/4

Image source


Lord,
it's so cold in so many places
- and I mean really cold!

I pray for the homeless, Lord,
and for those who shelter them in winter - and all year 'round...

I pray, too, for hearts chilled by loneliness:
wrap and warm them, Lord, in comforters of love...

I pray for those who've lost electricity and heat
and for those working 'round the clock to restore service...

I pray for souls frozen by bitterness and anger:
in your mercy and forgiveness, Lord, defrost them...

I pray for the safety and health of first responders
and all who work outdoors in the cold...

I pray for hearts iced by hurt and disappointment:
Lord, thaw them with consoling hope...

I pray, too, for us who are safe and warm:
Lord, move our hearts to offer clothing and shelter,
    fuel assistance, companionship and food,
        to those left in the cold...

And I pray for my own heart, for times
when I fail to warm to you and my neighbor:
    burn within me, Lord, 
    'til my heart melts in yours...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!