6/5/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/5



When I'm put off by the rain
    and impatient for good weather,
when I'm fuming at the red light
    while I'm waiting for the green,
when "two-day delivery"
    isn't fast enough for me,
when waiting in the checkout line's
    a personal afront...
 
Then, help me remember, Lord,
    all the people who wait
who wait patiently
    for weeks and months and years for 
        fresh water,
        a place to live,
        a meal to eat,
        a shower and clean clothes,
        some medical attention,
        a few days free of pain,
        a peaceful good night's sleep
        a bed to sleep in,
        a job to go to,
        a homeland, free and safe,
        the gift of faith,
        a ray of hope,
        someone to love,
        a friend who cares,
        peace of mind,
        the healing of old hurts,
        the joy of being recognized,
            invited, welcomed, included, 
                respected and embraced...

Give me patience, Lord,
    and help me see how small may be
the things that push my buttons,
   things that anger and annoy me,
things that fade away to nothing
    when I see my neighbor's plight...
 
Give me patience and compassion
    in the face of others' needs
and please, I hope and trust and pray:
    be patient, Lord with me...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Purpose, Patience, Presence by Bob Singleton

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!