6/6/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/6



 A verse from the psalms we might pray EVERY night:
        I will not enter the house where I live 
            nor go to the bed where I rest;  
        I will give no sleep to my eyes, 
            to my eyelids I will give no slumber,
                till I find a place for the Lord...    
        - Psalm 132 
 
O Lord of my nights and days...
 
What place have I made in all the years
    that have brought me to you this night?
 
What place did I find, did I make for you,
    in the day that's now behind me?
 
What place did I make for you when I woke
    and opened my eyes to this day?
 
What place for you as I made my way
    from here to there - and back again?

What place did I make in my anxious fear
    for you to visit with healing grace?
 
What place did I make in my heavy heart
    for you to come and lighten the load?
 
What place did I make in my jumbled thoughts
    for your truth, your word and your wisdom?

What place did I make in my hopes and my plans
    for your Spirit to guide and show me the way?
 
What place did I make in the course of my day
    to pause, to sit, just to be by your side?
 
And you, Lord...
 
You're never too busy to make a place
    where I can find a home in your heart...
 
You're never to tired to make a place
    for me to rest from my worry and work...
 
You never forget to make a place
    where I can remember your love for me...
 
You're always quick to take your place
    wherever I need your help, your strength...

And you're already there in every place
    when I go to make a place for you...
 
So before I go to my room and my bed 
    before I close my eyes to sleep
I make a place in my heart for you, 
    and pray, O Lord, you'll hear my prayer...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
If you're having hard time making a place for the Lord,
    tonight's song will help you find the place
        the Lord has made for you... 
 
Take It To Jesus by Anna Golden, sung by Kari Jobe

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

I have no idea what to say right now
How could any words ease the pain right now 
Something like this will never make sense 
    never make sense at all 
I have no idea what to say right now 
 
 If you wanna come you can stay for awhile 
I know a place we could go right now 
Pack all your pieces, broken and bleeding, 
    all of your grief and doubt 
I know a place we could go right now 
 
When your questions don’t have answers 
    and you just can’t understand it 
When your mind just won’t stop running 
    and the tears just keep on coming 
You don’t have to explain it 
He hears you before you can speak 
Come with me, let’s take it to Jesus 
 
This is the place you can rest for a while 
If you need to just fall apart 
Lay down your worry, he’s not in a hurry, 
    take all the time you need 
This is the place you can rest for a while 
 
When my questions had no answers 
    and I couldn’t understand it 
When my mind wouldn’t stop running 
    and the tears just kept on coming 
Didn’t have to explain it 
    He heard me before I could speak 
Even now, I still take it to Jesus
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!