6/1/23

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 6/1

    Photo by B.B.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At a backyard cookout on Memorial Day, a beautiful peony (above) stirred my memory of a prayer I posted 8 years ago when a friend shared a photo of a peony with the caption, "Just a few weeks ago it seemed impossible that this kind of thing would happen in my backyard.  Gets me every time!"  
 
It's amazing, Lord,
what you can do with a peony
in just a few weeks time 
    - or so it seems -
but, truth be told,
you nurtured this blossom, gently,
through a long, gray, icy winter
when all was hidden, 
buried in the snow,
and I was wondering
if spring would ever come...
 
If you care this way for a peony, Lord,
you must care at least as much for me
    - and so much more!
 
And so I trust 
that through the seasons of my life
you'll bring to bud the goodness
you know and see in me,
the very growth for which I wait
and watch and pray...
 
When I worry through my winters
and wonder if I'll  one day finally bloom,
Lord, remind me of the peony 
and how you gently care for it
and how you care for me...

Amen.

    Photo by B.B

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!