4/30/24

Reflections...

    Photo by CP at Eastern Point, Gloucester, MA

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lord, I know I’m privileged and blessed to be in this place, 
to spend this time with you, 
in silence and prayer... 
 
There’s a great calm settling in my soul, 
a peace so deep I know 
that only you could be its source… 
 
I’ve come here to find you
but you were already and you always are
a lodger in my heart...   
 
Though I may wander far and wide, 
though I sometimes forget you 
(or think to myself that you’ve forgotten me) 
there’s never a moment when you’re not by my side, 
present to my every joy and sorrow, 
anointing me with mercy 
and filling me with grace
I neither merit nor deserve...
 
Here, in the stillness, at the ocean’s edge, 
you beat softly on my heart like waves upon the shore, 
massaging sore soul with your gentle, healing hands, 
inviting me to trust you and rest in your embrace...
 
There’s not a day or night, a time or place,
that you're not with me, Lord
so, open wide my heart to you and to your Spirit's wisdom 
ever leading me and guiding me closer to your heart
and to the peace I seek and long for...

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!