6/17/24

Monday Morning Offering: 6/17

Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Sometimes, Lord, 
it's a song or a memory, 
or a trinket found in box in a closet
    when I was looking for something else
or the mention of someone's name
or a photo faded and creased by age
or the tug of grief on my heartstrings
or the echo of joys long silenced by time...

It can be one or more of so many things, Lord:
    times and places, voices and faces,
    emotions and feelings, a calendar date,
    ticket stubs, letters, notes and cards,
    a hymn, a prayer, a thought or a dream,
all souvenirs nudging my heart and my soul
    to look back and remember, recall and connect 
    with parts of my life I cherish and treasure 
    and never want to let go or forget...  

Connections, Lord:
    links to my past, links to my life,
    ties that bind and hold me fast
        to all that's made me the person I am,
        to all the ways you've shown me your grace
        and to all the ways I've known your love,
            your mercy, your healing, your peace...

I offer you all these memories, Lord,
    in gratitude for the gifts I've received
        in good times and bad, in sickness and health,
        in my ups and downs, in my hopes and my fears
    and in all the ways what I remember
        tells the story of your love for me...

Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!