6/17/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/17


 
I wrote this over a year ago for a friend in need and this week I'm aware of a number of folks who might benefit from praying these words.  I've done some revision of the original and offer it again for any who might find it helpful...
 

When I'm feeling anxious, Lord

    - when I'm all on pins and needles -

when I’m worried 'bout my past,

    when I'm fearful of the future

        and distressed about today

then wrap your arms around me

   with the warmth and strength I need

and fill my heart with courage,

   enough to get me through

all my troubles and my struggles,

   both the real and the imagined...

 

Clear my head and help me think straight

   mend and heal my broken heart,

help me sort through my confusion, 

    bring some order to my thoughts...

 

When I worry 'bout my worries, Lord,

     'bout fears that I can't name;

when my doubts and my misgivings

   make me blind to this day's joy;

when I'm sorry, oh-so-sorry

    ‘bout the stuff that’s not my fault;

when I fear I must have failed

    although I did all I could do;

when I cannot find you, Lord,

    in the forest of my blessings

- then stop me in my tracks,

    gently take my hand in yours 

and lead me to that gentle peace

    that's only yours to give…

 

Just help me get a grip, Lord,

    help me stand on my two feet

and when I start to falter

    prop me up before I fall...

 

Send your Spirit's gracious peace

    each time I start to fall apart;

fill my mind with wit and wisdom

    when I’m not sure what to say...

 

When embarrassed by my errors

    and chagrined by my mistakes,

help me humbly laugh and smile

    at how human I've become...

 

Help me see what is, what's real,

    what's mine to do, to be, to own;

to let go of all that keeps me, Lord,

    from hope and trust in you...

 

Be the Lord of my whole day,

    grant me serenity and grace

to know the things I can’t do

    and to do all that I can...

 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake

    and watch over me while I sleep

that awake, I might keep watch with you

    and asleep, rest in your peace...

 

Amen.

 

 

Tonight's song is perfect for any evening! 
 
Calm Me, Lord by Margaret Rizza

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!