6/23/24

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 6/24

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God...

I offer you the week ahead, Lord,
    with all its opportunities and challenges,
        its difficulties and advantages,
            its benefits and liabilities...

As I walk through this week, Lord:
    stay by my side,
        keep me on the right path
            and lead me where you'd have me go...

As we walk together, you and I, 
help me see through your eyes     
    the people I meet and work with     
        and the situations I encounter;
help me see what on my own I'd surely miss
    and keep me from being distracted
        by the trivial and foolish...

Close by your side, Lord,
    help me hear with your ears what others might share:
        their needs and their questions 
        their wisdom and advice, 
        their plight and their pleas,
        their tears and their humor; 
        their hearts’ deepest thoughts…

With you as my companion, Lord:
    help me speak as you would speak:
    help me say what others need to hear;
    help me speak your  comfort and compassion;
and keep watch over my words
    lest my speech mislead or hurt...

As we work together this week, Lord:
    give me strength to do what's right;
    give me wisdom to discern what's just
    and give me patience to find the truth...

Be my colleague and companion, Lord,
    my patron and my partner,
        my guardian and my guide...

This morning, Lord, I offer you the week ahead
    with all its opportunities and challenges,
        its difficulties and advantages,
            its benefits and liabilities... 

Be with me, Lord,  
    and keep me by your side this Monday morning
        and through the week ahead...

Amen.



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!