6/14/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 6/14


Sometimes I wake up early,
before the day's first light,
and lying in bed I hear
the dawn chorus:
    a feathered choir of songsters 
    greeting the sunrise,
    calling my name, 
    announcing a cappella,
    "This is the day the Lord has made,
          be glad in it - rejoice!
 
And in this morning music comes 
the plaintive cry of the mourning dove, 
reminding me: 
    should sorrow come my way today
    you'll sing your song of healing, Lord,
    a comfort for my soul...
 
A blessed way to start the day:
    nature chanting psalmody 
    of praise and thanks,
    of sorrow and lament,  
    of faith and hope and love,  
    interceding always
    and lifting high my heart, my prayer to you...
 
Keep my soul through one more night, Lord:
    wake me early before dawn
    that I might hear and join in
    the chorus of your glory,
    a new day's prayer of thanks and praise,
    a gift of grace from you...

Protect me, Lord,  as I lie awake
    and watch over me as I sleep
to rest all night in safety and early rise
    to praise your name...

Amen.

Tonight's music is directly from nature!
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!