6/12/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/12



My prayer tonight is simple, Lord...
 
I pray that this day's tender breezes
    reach and touch with gentle blessing
        those who feel shut in, locked out and trapped...

I pray that this day's welcome warmth
    might soften and massage the stress
        that strains their troubled hearts...

I pray that this day's brilliant clouds,
    billowing pillows, heaven-sent,
        bring comfort to my worn out, weary friends...
 
I pray the peace I found today
    might find the ones who seek your peace
        and, like a day in June, embrace their souls...

Protect us, Lord while we're awake
    and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Here's a simple song, titled "Simple Prayer"
    to accompany the simple prayer above... 

Simple Prayer by Awaken Generation

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
This is my simple prayer 
To wake up and see your face 
To know I belong in your embrace 
You are my everything 
 
This is my one success 
To know and be loved by You 
To spend all my days dwelling in your house 
You are sufficient for me 
 
And surely you’ll be with me 
From morning to my evening 
And surely you are for me 
My God
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!