7/11/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 7/11

Come to me, 
all you who labor and are burdened
and I will give you rest...   Matthew 11:2

That sounds really good, Lord,
especially at the end of the day
when I need some rest, some relief
from all that's weighing on my mind and heart...

So, Lord, I'll take you at your word:

    here are my burdens...

    and here are my troubles...

    and here are my fears...

    and here are the things that keep me awake at night...

I come to you, Lord,
and I place all these things in your hands, 
    in your arms, in your lap
and ask you to unburden me
- or at least to hold these things for me throughout the night
    that I might find some peace in you,
        in restful sleep...

Protect me, Lord, if I toss and turn
    and free my heart for a good night's rest
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

And here's a setting of Come To Me 
-  just right for Night Prayer...

Come To Me by Jessie Goodman

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Come to me you weary one, 
    and I will give you rest
        I will give you rest…

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light
take me upon you and I will give you rest

Come to me you troubled one 
    and I will give you peace,
        I will give you peace

I will calm the waters, I will whisper, 
    “Peace, be still”
Take me upon you, I will give you peace

Come to me  Come to me  Come to me
     I have been waiting for you here

So come to me you weakened one 
    and I will give you joy
        I will give you joy

You will rise like eagles and my joy will be your strength
    take me upon you and I will give you joy    
        I will give you joy

Come to me  Come to me  Come to me
    I have been waiting for you here
 
He has been waiting for you here
    Just run to him,
        run to him...
         

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!