7/11/24

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/12

    Photo by Bob Bowers

 

Lord, wake me before my alarm clock rings
    and rouse me to a new day, rain or shine;
fill me at daybreak with your kindness, Lord,
    and let the sun rise in my heart...

Even in my dreams, Lord, fill me with your peace
    and calm my soul before the dawn's first light;
before my eyes are open, while I'm still half asleep,
    stir my mind to thoughts of how this day's your gift to me...

If clouds above or clouds within should tempt my heart 
    to doubt that you are with me,
then shake me wide awake and pierce the mist
    that veils and hides your face from mine…

At daybreak, Lord, fill me with your kindness
    and give my heart a day's supply of hope;
let my first thoughts be of you
    and my first words praise the glory of your name...

At daybreak, Lord, fill me with your Spirit's grace
    to help me face whatever comes my way
and give me strength and faith in you
    and in your promise to be with me night and day...

At daybreak, Lord, fill me with the grit I need
    to face whatever I might fear or hide from:
remind me that I'm not alone, that with you, Lord,
    and by your side, I need not be afraid...

Get me out of bed, Lord, and set me on my feet:
    shower me with grace until I'm wide-eyed, 
braced and ready for a brand new day,  
    the day that you've readied for my soul...

At daybreak, Lord, and all throughout this day
    be at my side to guide me on my way;
let me hear your gentle voice, calling me by name,     
    to live the word you speak within my heart...

At daybreak, Lord, fill me with your kindness
    and lead me to what joy this day might hold;
help me find the peace that this day brings
    and every trace of you along my path...

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!