7/24/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/24



Lord, 
I fear I don't tell you often enough
    how grateful I am 
for the blessings and gifts, the graces and favors 
    you've dropped in my lap, so generously
        over all the years of my life...

Sure, I've had problems, worries and fears,
    losses and disappointments
but the bottom line, when I add it all up,
    shows a bounty of mercies, tender and kind:
        many more than I might ever merit,
        far beyond what I might deserve...
 
And greatest of all - the gift of faith -
    the virtue feeding my hope and my trust
that you're ever, Lord, my guard and my guide
   on the journey I'm traveling home to you...

But tonight I pray, Lord, for family and friends
    whose path is rocky, whose seasons are hard,
whose blessings and favors may yet lie hidden
    beneath and behind their everyday tears...

When their trials, Lord, are too many to count 
    when their last bit of faith begins to give way,
when waves of doubt 
    make them feel like they're drowning,
help them to know in their hearts 
    what's always the truth:
your tender mercies are close at hand
    especially when seasons are hard...
 
Protect us, Lord while we're awake
    and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Stanzas 4 and 5 of my prayer above borrow freely from the lyrics of tonight's song.
 
Hard Season by Matt West
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Been a hard season 
Been a broken road 
All the dreams I was dreaming 
They went up in smoke 
But I keep on believing 
There is a reason 
For this hard season 
 
Been brought down to my knees 
But I’m too weak to pray 
So, God, I hope You can hear 
The words I can’t say 
Do You know what I’m needing 
Are You still holding me in 
This hard season 
 
I lift up my eyes where my help comes from 
I fall in the arms of the only One 
Who knows the reason 
For every hard season
Lord, You wrote the story that I can’t see 
So even in the dark my heart will believe 
There is a reason 
For every hard season 
 
When the tears and the trials 
Are too many to count 
When my last bit of faith starts to give way 
To the waves of my doubt 
It may feel like I’m drowning 
But I know I’m not alone in 
This hard season 
 
Chorus
 
Weeping may last for a moment 
But joy’s gonna come in the morning 
Blessings will flow from these battles 
And beauty will rise from these ashes  (3X)
 
Chorus
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!