7/5/24

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/5



Slow me down today, Lord,
   and just whisper a word or two (or more)
      in the quiet of my mind and heart...

When I'm cursing others or myself,
   whisper words of blessing...

When I'm judging others' words and deeds,
   whisper words of mercy... 

When my voice is still and silent,
   whisper words for me to speak...

When I'm saying much too much,
   whisper words to keep me quiet... 

When I've failed and when I've sinned,
   whisper words of mercy's pardon...

When I'm facing loss and grief,
   whisper words of consolation...

When I'm stuck in my confusion,
   whisper words of wisdom...

When I'm caught up in my lies,
   whisper words of truth...

When life is just too tough to take,
   whisper words of hope...

When my heart is hurt and wounded,  
   whisper words of healing...

When I'm at war with you, with others or myself,
   whisper words of peace...

But first, Lord, slow me down
   and help me find a quiet place to hear
      the whisper of your voice     
      the murmur of your presence
      and the echo of your word alive
        deep in my heart and soul...
 
Amen. 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!